Mr. Seidu Ahmed Kyei was appointed a Deputy Auditor-General (DAG) on 1st October 2021. He is a Chartered Accountant and a member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants (Ghana). He holds an MSC in Accounting and Finance from the University of Ghana Business School.
Until his promotion, Mr. Kyei was the Regional Auditor for the Upper East Region. His new responsibility is to oversee the audit of all Educational Institutions, Metropolitan, Municipal and District Assemblies as well as Traditional Councils in the Northern Zone (EIDA Northern Zone). The Northern Zone is made up of nine political administrative regions namely Ahafo, Bono, Bono East, and Northern region. The rest are North-East, Oti, Savanna, Upper East, and Upper West region.
Mr. Kyei joined the Audit Service in 1991 as an Examiner of Accounts and rose through the ranks to his current position. In his 30 years of extensive experience with the Service, he worked at the Bawku, Konongo and Offinso district offices undertaking audits of Ministries Departments and other Agencies, Pre-University Education Institutions, District Assemblies and Traditional Councils.
Within this period, he performed numerous special audit assignments on the local and international scene which included:
- Special Audit of Drugs and Pharmaceutical Services Accounts of Komfo Anokye Teaching Hospital, Kumasi (2019)
- Audit of Ghana’s Mission in Tehran, Iran (2011)
- Due Diligent Audit – Akyemansa District Assembly, Akim Ofoase (2011)
- Due Diligent Audit – Kintampo North Municipal Assembly in 2009
- Special Audit of Municipal Assemblies and Regional Co-ordinating Councils in both Sunyani and Tamale respectively (2005)
- Special Audit of Yilo Krobo District Assembly in 2001
He has attended several workshops as a participant or a resource person. He continues to serve as a knowledge bank to many persons in the Service. The training workshops he has attended or facilitated include Financial and Compliance Auditing Training, Public Procurement Training, Performance Management, Appraisal Framework and Leadership Skills Workshops.
Mr. Kyei is married with three children and enjoys listening to music.