The Audit Service has carried out a Nation-wide Payroll and Personnel Verification Audit in line with Section 16 of the Audit Service Act, 2000 (Act 584).
Analysis of responses received from Heads of Ministries, Departments and other Agencies (MDAs), as well as Metropolitan, Municipal and District Assemblies on the payroll exercise held in 2018/2019, shows that there is no or insufficient justification for the continuous existence of 10,689 employees on the Payroll as at June 2018.
Notice is hereby given that, the Auditor-General intends to disallow the continuous existence of all un-accounted for employees on the payroll and surcharge the amounts involved against heads of department, heads of the management units and the persons involved.
To avoid the disallowance and surcharge, all persons on the attached list are to avail themselves for enumeration from 28 January 2020 to 11 February 2020 at the Audit Service Headquarters (Payroll Audit Branch), Ministries Block ‘O’ (GA-110-8787), Accra.
Affected persons are required to come along with, the following records;
- Biometric Registration Form
- SSNIT Biometric Card (Original Card)
- Payslip (Recent)
- Appointment Letter (Original plus Photocopy)
- Recent Promotion or Upgrade Letter (Original plus Photocopy)
- All Academic Certificates (Original and Photocopy)
- At least two of the following National Identification Card –
- Voter’s ID
- Driver’s License
- Approval letter for Study Leave with pay or without pay (Original and copy of approval letter and Completed Bond Forms)
- Gazette or Affidavit for change of name. (Original and copy)
- Contract Renewal Letters for Pupil Teachers or contract employees
- Any other relevant documents relating to your employment
Please take note that failure to honour this final invitation will result in the Auditor-General exercising his powers under Article 187(7) to disallow the existence and surcharge such persons on the payroll.
For further clarification on this exercise, you may contact Mr. Fredrick Mensah on 024 469 5613.
GEORGE SWANZY WINFUL
DEPUTY AUDITOR-GENERAL, CGAD
Find list attached below